November 30, 2012

A Simple Life, With a Simple Future

Photo Credit Japheth Lim
I don't want much out of life.

I want to learn. Everything.
I want to drink coffee.
I want to make the world a better place.
I want to be in love.
I want a dog.
I want a beautiful, luxurious garden.
I want a teeny-tiny house that's mine.
I want to be free.
I want to read good books.
I want to be a mommy to kids who don't have one.
I want to hang out with my friends.
I want to eat good foods.
I want a strong, loving community.
And I want to have fun doing it.

None of these things requires a college degree. None of these require a high school diploma or GED. Most of them don't need any money. I don't need to wait for any of these things. I can have them right now, if I started working for them.

My purpose in life is simple, and to me it is everything. It's who I am. I don't want money, or fame, or glory. I don't want success. I don't want the big house, the big family, and the fancy job. I want something simple. I want something that makes me happy.

But I'm not happy. Right now I have none of those things. I've been working my butt off on school... but for what?

I know it's a good idea to get my diploma and go to college. You know - more opportunity. I could care less about the income level and job "benefits". But it really doesn't seem worth it. It's not worth the time, the energy, the stress. I'd much rather be pursuing something truly meaningful.

What do you want out of life? How are you getting it?

Further Reading:
The Short But Powerful Guide to Finding Your Passion
The 5 Percent Trick: Finding Passion and Purpose in Life
How To Discover Your Life's Purpose in About 20 Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment