The experiment? To pack for a whole week, with only a small duffel bag.
What I packed:
- 3 shirts (one tank top, one t-shirt, one long sleeve)
- 2 pairs of jeans
- A belt
- My bible and notebook
- My sketchbook
- 1 book
- Toiletries in a tiny makeup case
- My i-pod (it's smaller than my phone)
- My phone
- My camera
- Make sure all your clothes fit. One of my jeans were too tight and didn't fit. I ended up with only one pair of pants for the entire trip which became problematic when I spilled Chinese food on them.
- I didn't need my sketchbook - copy paper or my notebook work perfectly fine, and I didn't draw anything anyways.
- Bring a packed lunch so that you don't resort to fast-food.
- Don't forget your phone charger. Bringing a phone without a charger is useless.
- The car ride was a lot more comfortable with less stuff.
- I didn't need my i-pod - I had a more fun talking to people instead of listening to music.
- It was easy to pack up quickly and get going earlier with less stuff to cram in the car.
- I didn't have to carry a huge bag around town
Do you travel light?