Enjoy! Tell me what you think...
Makes 36 mini quiche, or 1 whole quiche.
For the filling -
- 3 slices lean bacon, cooked and crumbled (for a vegetarian alternative, use red onion and add more salt to the egg mixture)
- 2 large mushroom, chopped into tiny pieces
- 2 handfuls baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Monterrey jack, cheddar or Swiss are the best)
- 4-8 tbsp olive oil (for greasing the pan, don't use canola or vegetable because those oils are highly toxic)
For the crust -
- 2 cup flour
- 8 tbsp butter, cold, cubed
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp salt
Take your mini muffin pan, and thoroughly grease with olive oil. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Mush your crust into each mini muffin section.
In each bit of crust, add bacon, mushroom and spinach. Pour egg mixture in over it. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and they're all puffed up. If you're making a normal quiche, bake for 35-40 minutes.
Cool for about 10 minutes then serve. :) If you're making these ahead of time, refrigerate, then warm in the oven for about 5 minutes just before serving for best taste. They taste fine cold, but phenomenal warm.