These are super yummy, and kids love them.
This recipe makes 4 calzones, and is perfect served with some fresh fruit or a salad. Makes great packed lunches. :)
160z pizza dough (plain or herbed, use a thin-crust variety for maximum hotpocket-likeness)
1/4 cup marinara
1/4 cup pineapple tidbits
1/3 lb ham, cubed
8oz sliced mozzarella
Olive oil (or other grease)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease baking sheet with olive oil for best taste and to prevent sticking. If you don't have olive oil, use something else.
- Separate dough into fourths. spread each fourth into a rectangle on a floured surface.
- Brush dough with marinara sauce. Divide half of cheese evenly between calzones, placed on one half of each piece of dough.
- On top of cheese, put ham and pineapple, then rest of cheese.
- Fold dough over, sealing edges. If sealing isn't working, get your fingers wet and then try again.
- Prick tops with fork and sprinkle with garlic salt on top. Bake between 15-21 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack about 10 minutes, then enjoy.
Do you like it? Is it hotpocket-y enough for you?