For the best soup, use high quality ingredients with superb flavor. The broth is going to be the most important part, so don't skimp on it. If you can, make your own. If you can't, buy the best you can. But even if you only have access to the bare minimum, a little broth, chicken, noodles and salt still makes a superb soup. So give it a try.
I can promise you this is going to be delicious. :)
You Will Need:
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 4 cups broth (use chicken for best flavor, but beef, turkey, vegetarian and pork also work)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (optional - I don't like celery so I don't add this)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced or minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz pasta
- 1-2 handfuls dark greens (kale, spinach, chard, etc.)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Uncover and return to medium heat. Add in pasta and dark greens. Bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally. Cook until pasta is fully cooked (about 15 minutes). Add salt and pepper as needed.
Serve and enjoy. :) This is a great dish to cook on cold nights, because it fills the house with warmth and yummy smells. For a complete meal, serve with these teff dinner rolls.