August 6, 2012

Scrumptious Coconut Ices

I'm lactose intolerant. However, I love milk. I love ice cream, and cheese, and cream, and butter, and all other dairy products. So I tend to eat a lot of it. But occasionally, I like to try vegan or at least milk-free foods that are absolutely delicious and friendly to my stomach. These specific popsicles are also fairly low in calories (cut the calories in half by omitting the flaked coconut). And they're healthy. I think these are just awesome all over the board.


Even if you're not lactose intolerant, or vegan or on a diet, you'll still enjoy these.

You Will Need:

  • 3/4 cup vanilla-flavored coconut milk (if you're using plain, add more sugar to taste)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup flaked coconut
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 dashes of ground cinnamon

In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients. (Note: Depending on your brand of coconut milk, you may need to adjust the amount of vanilla extract and sugar in your popsicles - taste and adjust accordingly before freezing). Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds. Freeze for about 30 minutes. Take out, stir to distribute the coconut flakes, put in your popsicle sticks, and place it all back in the freezer. When fully frozen, enjoy. :)

Makes 4 popsicles.

What do you think: tasty or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment