July 23, 2012

Recipes of the Week

We got to go to the farmers market again this week, and oh joy, did I love what I found! Fresh honey, roasted coffee beans, rice crispy treats, berries, and.... lots and lots of fresh vegetables. We ended up coming home with:
  • Pluats, a cross between plums and apricots (SO delicious)
  • Raspberries, tay berries and blackberries
  • Swiss Chard
  • Red candy onions
  • White zuchini and green zuchini
  • Fresh honey, in a plain ol' mason jar (no lable or anything, they're officially my favorite honey dealer)
  • Lots and lots of kale

Anyways, here's what I've been cooking this week. As always, I've personally tried each and every recipe listed here, and they've been a huge success. I hope you'll like them as well.


You might notice all of these are vegetarian. This is totally on accident, but my mom pointed it out and I thought it was pretty cool. My family went vegetarian for a few months last year, and we've just never totally transitioned from it. We still eat bacon, chicken and fish, but not much else. We buy the majority of our meat from a local, organic, grass-fed farm. The current method of corporate agriculture is awful to the animals, so our lack of meat consumption is largely compassion-based, but it's also health based. Too much meat just isn't healthy for you.

So, if you're interested, give it a try. It's pretty cool being a vegetarian. And you don't even have to eat soy!

There are lots of amazing foods you can still have being vegetarian. I love cooking so many lovely recipes. It makes my mealtime, and through it my life, absolutely beautiful and delicious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment