July 11, 2012

Playing Around With Intermitent Fasting

Well, I've heard a lot of good stuff about intermittent fasting lately (from both real people and research studies) and I'll admit now I've done and tried a lot of those diet fads, but I think I'm going to give it a try. There's this guy a like, and he's coming back in town in a month, and I want to be prettier than when he left so that maybe he notices the difference. You know, the stop, once over, twice over look, and "woah". Yeah, that. I want that.

So... I'm dieting. Duh. That is the only way to quickly lose weight. Now, I'll be restricting my calories (obviously, again only way to lose weight via dieting), but I'm going to do it the smart way... by eating lower-calorie stuff. And cutting my drinking calories completely.

So, I'm going to be drinking only water. No juice, tea or coffee (I drink too much of all three). I don't drink soda like ever anyways so I'm not worried about that.

Calories are restricted to 1200 (1600 is the suggested for me to maintain weight). That's subject to change though since I may need more or less to lose weight effectively and not die.

And, as for the fasting part, I'll be exteding my sleep-time fast till noon (AKA I won't eat after waking up until noon).

I'll also be exercising a lot, hopefully. Swimming, running, riding my bike, dancing, some bodyweight stuff (like pushups and side crunches and squats), walking, yardwork, fishing, hiking, soccer and basketball sort of things.

So. We'll see how this goes. Wish me luck!

Edit:
Intermittent Fasting Update

No comments:

Post a Comment